Our next meetings are to be held on
04 February 2019 :
The Planning & General Purposes meeting will commence at 6.45pm followed by the Parish Council meeting at 7.15pm.
Agendas will be to download here when available
The new Romsey Public Transport Guide & Map has arrived in the Parish Office
and Parishioners are welcome to pick up a copy.
Do you own land that has a watercourse or drainage ditch on or adjacent to it?
Answer: Yes –You are therefore a ‘riparian landowner’ and you are responsible for maintaining those watercourses.
Hampshire Police and Trading Standards want to remind people not to be pressured into signing up for services and goods that they don’t actually need.
Read More Here
Crime Prevention Advice
- Don’t leave ladders, tools, etc. in your garden as these can be used to gain access to your property
- Don’t keep large amounts of cash (including foreign currency) at home
- Don’t leave valuable items in obvious places (e.g. in the bedside cabinet) and consider storing them in a properly secured safe
- Photograph valuable items, such as watches and jewellery, and make a note of any serial numbers
- Register your property on free national property register www.immobilise.com
- Don’t advertise any absences from home (e.g. holidays) on social networking sites
- Make use of timer switches to make the property appear occupied
- Keep all keys out of reach and sight from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through the letterbox)
The New Forest - a Sharing Forest
Our central aim is to make the people who live in or visit the New Forest more aware of commoning and the important role that commoners and their animals play in its management.
Read more ...
Did you know?………….
Hampshire County Council are responsible for
- Paving problems
- Faulty street lights / traffic lights
- Missing or broken traffic signs
- Salt Bins - refilling / missing / requesting new ones
- Road problems
- Rights of Way problems
Please report any of these to Hampshire County Council using the attached link to their website
In using this link, you can also report problems or find out who to contact for
- Abandoned vehicles
- Fly tipping
- Hedge or tree problems
- Flooding or drainage issues and flooding on land or property