Volunteer Driver Recruitment
Hampshire County Council is currently recruiting Volunteer Drivers to undertake various social care journeys within Hampshire.
Volunteers use their own vehicles to transport adults and children who are under the care of the County Council.
The scheme provides an essential transport link to facilities and activities for Hampshire residents, some of whom have physical or learning disabilities.
Crime Prevention Advice
- Don’t leave ladders, tools, etc. in your garden as these can be used to gain access to your property
- Don’t keep large amounts of cash (including foreign currency) at home
- Don’t leave valuable items in obvious places (e.g. in the bedside cabinet) and consider storing them in a properly secured safe
- Photograph valuable items, such as watches and jewellery, and make a note of any serial numbers
- Register your property on free national property register www.immobilise.com
- Don’t advertise any absences from home (e.g. holidays) on social networking sites
- Make use of timer switches to make the property appear occupied
- Keep all keys out of reach and sight from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through the letterbox)
Did you know?………….
Hampshire County Council are responsible for
- Paving problems
- Faulty street lights / traffic lights
- Missing or broken traffic signs
- Salt Bins - refilling / missing / requesting new ones
- Road problems
- Rights of Way problems
Please report any of these to Hampshire County Council using the attached link to their website
In using this link, you can also report problems or find out who to contact for
- Abandoned vehicles
- Fly tipping
- Hedge or tree problems
- Flooding or drainage issues and flooding on land or property